A couple of weeks ago, I gave a baby shower for one of my favorite people here in Paris, Celeste Rhoads (who is the Children’s and Teen’s Librarian at the American Library of Paris). It had to be book themed, of course, so everyone brought a copy of their favorite children’s book for new baby’s library.
And then there was this…
We also played a Classic Children’s Lit trivia game (with potted pansies as the prize).
I thought you would enjoy playing. How many of these classic book questions can you get? (The winner got 22 points!)
Classic Children’s Book Quiz — Celeste’s Baby Shower
1. What did the narrator of the Little Prince like to draw as a child and what did adults think it was?
2. What is the name of the mutinous ship’s cook in Treasure Island?
3. Who is Curious George’s roommate?
4. Give one phrase Charlotte weaves into her web to save Wilbur?
5. What is Violette’s vice in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?
6. What species is the villain in Jungle Book? (Extra point for his name.)
7. What book acts as the world-building compendium for Lord of the Rings?
8. What species is Puddleglum in the Silver Chair (and VotDT)?
9. One point of each of the names of the three witches in A Wrinkle in Time.
10. What is Paddington Bear’s country of origin?
11. Who are Toad’s two best friends?
12. Where does Toad live?
13. What was TinTin’s dog’s name (either French or English).
14. Name one of the main themes of Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret?
15. What is the name of Frodo’s Uncle in The Lord of the Rings?
16. Who is the musician in Asterix?
17. What is the profession of Pippi Longstocking’s father?
18. What is the name of the love interest in Anne of Green Gables?
19. What do Digory and Polly use to travel between worlds in The Magician’s Nephew?
20. What is waiting in Max’s room when he returns from ruling The Wild Things?
21. What animal appears on every double-page of Goodnight Moon?
22. What is Dr. Seuss’s real name?
23. Who is the nun who runs Madeleine’s boarding school?
24. What did Pooh use to reach the beehive?
25. Who are the witches in The Wizard of Oz? (Names not needed.)
Bonus contemporary questions:
1. What is the name of Hermione’s cat?
2. What are the five factions in Divergent?
3. What flower is President Snow associated with in Hunger Games?